Canan Tolon Age, Height, Weight, Net worth, Spouse, Bio & Facts.
Canan Tolon was born in 1955. Is a Turkish Artist and painter. She lives and works in Emeryville, California, United States.
Tolon works in the mediums of printmaking, drawing, sculpture, painting and installation.
Canan Tolon was born in Istanbul in 1955 and raised in France.
She studied design and architecture at Ecole Française d’Istanbul (1975),
Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotland (1976),
Fachhochschule, Trier, Germany (1979),
Middlesex University/Architectural Association, London, England (1980)
University of California, Berkeley, where she earned an M.A. in architecture (1983).
Canan Tolon Collections
- British Museum, London
- Istanbul Modern, Istanbul IKSV (Istanbul Foundation for Culture and the Arts)
- Nesrin Esirtgen Collection, Istanbul
- Omer Koç Foundation, SantralIstanbul, Istanbul
Some Awards and residencies
- 2012: The Kidder Residency in the Arts, Institute for the Humanities, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- 2007: Emeryville Public Arts Award, Emeryville, California
- 2000: Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, France
- 1999: Center for Mediterranean Studies, Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- 1998: Arts Council of Wales
Tolon has exhibited internationally in Los Angeles, New York, Ankara, Istanbul, Kiev, London, Oakland and San Francisco.
In 2010, one of Tolon’s paintings, “Glitch VI” (2008) was a highlight at Sotheby’s auction in Turkey and in 2012, Art + Auction named Tolon one of the 50 Next Most Collectible Artists.
In a Los Angeles Times review dated Nov. 14, 2014, the writer noted that Tolon’s paintings “highlight our tendency to look for recognizable forms” and “also perhaps a comment on the degraded quality of our image landscape.