Rick Scott Age, Height, Weight, Net worth, Career, Spouse, Bio & Facts.
Richard Lynn “Rick” Scott is an American politician and businessman presently serving as the 45th Governor of Florida since January 2011. A member of Republican Party of Florida, he is serving as Governor for consecutive two terms as he was re-elected for a second term in 2014.
Frances Annette Holland (M. 1972)
Mother: Esther J. (née Fry)
Father: Orba Scott
- Southern Methodist University, J.D.
- University of Missouri, Kansas City
1970 – Present
Religious belief is unknown
Florida, United States
Rick Scott Facts & More..
Prior to his career in politics, Scott served in the US Navy in 1970.
After serving in the Navy he became a law firm partner and co-founded Columbia Hospital Corporation.
Columbia later merged with another corporation to form Columbia/HCA, which eventually became the nation’s largest private for-profit health care company.
He was pressured to resign as chief executive of Columbia/HCA in 1997, after it was discovered that the company defrauded Medicare, Medicad and other federal programs during his tenure.
Awards and honors
- Time Magazine, America’s 25 Most Influential People, June 1996
- Financial World magazine, silver award for the CEO of the Year, 1995
- Columbia University School of Nursing, Second Century Award for Excellence in Health Care 1995