- Selma Gurbuz
||Marmara University / Arts faculty
Selma Gurbuz was born in Istanbul in 1960, where she lives today.
She studied for her BA in Art and Design at Exeter College in England (1980-82) and then studied painting at the Marmara University of Fine Arts in Turkey (1982-84).
She has exhibited extensively at home and abroad.
Some Fashion Shows
- 2011 “Mind’s Eye”, Lawrieshabibi Gallery, Dubai, The United Arab Emirates.*
- 2011 “Shadows of My Self”, Rose Issa Projects at Leighton House Museum, London,
- 2006 “Go East-Three Contemporary Artists”, Galerie Maeght, Beijing TSI1 Contemporary Art Center Beijing, Selma Gürbüz(Turkey), Marco Del Re (Italy), Aki Kuroda(Japan)
- 2004 “More Wind! Four Contemporary Artists from Turkey”, Yokohama Portside Gallery, Japan.
- 2003 “Cara a Cara”, travelling show; Selma Gürbüz and Marco Del Re, Galerie Maeght Paris and Barcelona.*
Selected Group Shows
- 2013 “Another Time, Another Place.” curated by Rose Issa, Rose Issa Projects, London, Great Britain.*
- 2012 Royal Academy of Arts, Summer Exhibition, London, Great Britain.